For preparation of the 1st International Congress on Buddhist Women's Role in the Sangha please find further material and references by the Committee of Western Buddhist Nuns (CWB) here.
You can read the PDF files with Adobe Reader. In case this does not work, please try with Foxitreader, which you can download here.
1. Research regarding the Lineage of Bhiksuni Ordination (PDF) A Response to Necessary Research Regarding the Lineage of Bhiksuni Vinaya: Paper by the Committee of Western Bhikshunis (CWB)
2. The Tibetan translation (PDF) of Paper 1
3. Bhiksunis in Theravada (PDF): Paper by Bhante Sujato
4. The Restoration of the bhikkhunīsangha in the Theravāda tradition (PDF): English translation of a manuscript of a lecture at Hamburg university by Dr. Kieffer-Pülz
5. Gender Transformation in the Vinayapitaka of the Theravadins (PDF)
6. Excerpt from a letter to His Holiness the Dalai Lama (Word) with References:
- Pi-chiu-ni chuan-shu (Complete Biographies of Bhiksunis ) 357-511. C.E.
I. Pi-chiu-ni chuan ( Biographies of Bhiksunis) Volume 1 (Word)
- Hsu Pi-chiu-ni chuan (Sequel Biographies of Bhiksunis) 512-1930 C.E Volume 1 (Word)
- Lu-Tsung T’e- pu - The Lineage of the Vinaya School (Word)
7. A New Possibility: Introducing Full Ordination for Women into the Tibetan Buddhist Tradition by Bhikshuni Thubten Chodron; published in "Mandala" June/July 2006 pp 55-56
8. Buddhist nuns in the global community (Word) by Karma Lekshe Tsomo
Buddhismus (Foundation for Buddhist Studies) and
takes place in co-operation with the
Asia-Africa-Institute of the University of Hamburg.
See our list of sponsors.